Thanksgiving Break is practically here, and while it can be tempting to sleep and watch movies all break, your future self will thank you if you’re even a little bit productive during break. Here are 5 (productive) things to do over Thanksgiving Break as a college student:
- Get caught up: Were there reading assignments you put off during the semester because you were too busy? Thanksgiving Break is the perfect time to return to those readings, take notes, and be better prepared for the next test! This break is also the ideal time to revisit any topics you didn’t completely understand the first time around.
- Get ahead: With final projects right around the corner, this is a great time to make major progress on them without other class assignments getting in the way. (Imagine how thankful you’ll be when you sit down to complete your project in December and it’s already halfway done!)
- Create an academic plan: Spring registration is open, and registering over break gives you time to review your academic plan and make any necessary changes (make sure you run these past your advisor) before registering. Having an academic plan helps keep you on track to graduate by making sure you’re taking the right classes in the right sequence.
- Catch up on self-enrichment activities: During the semester, you probably cut out some personal time, but Thanksgiving Break gives you the opportunity to relax and spend time doing fun activities you don’t have time for when the semester is in full-swing. From reading or cooking, to napping or family time, Thanksgiving Break is a time to unwind and focus on yourself.
- Make to-do lists: By now, you probably have a good sense of what’s coming for the remainder of the semester. Take advantage of this during break by writing out to-do lists. Regardless of whether you add them straight to your planner or write yourself sticky notes, having due dates written out can help reduce some of the stress you’ll most likely experience during the final stretch of the semester.
We’re in the home stretch of the fall semester, and Thanksgiving Break gives us some extra time that we can utilize to get ahead. If you work on these things over break, we guarantee you’ll be glad you got them out of the way when you had the spare time!
We hope your break is as productive as it is relaxing!